ProtoWeb Browser is the easiest way to browse ProtoWeb. It works out of the box, no proxy configuration is required. It works on computers both retro and modern.
No Proxy configuration
ProtoWeb Browser is automatically configured with the ProtoWeb proxy, no proxy configuration is required. Just download and install it and start browsing ProtoWeb right away.
Supports PCs new and old
ProtoWeb Browser runs on Windows 98, up to and including the latest Windows 10. You can run it retro and modern PCs alike.
- Windows 98 or newer
- .NET Framework 2.0
– Windows 98 requires the original version of .NET Framework 2.0, SP1 and SP2 do not support Windows 98.
– NET Framework 2.0 has a prerequisite of Internet Explorer 5.01 or later on Windows 98.
– Windows 2000 with SP3 or later can use .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 but not SP2.
– On Windows XP you can also install .NET Framework 3.0 or 3.5 as they also include .NET Framework 2.0.
– Windows Vista and 7 should have .NET Framework 3.0 install by default which includes .NET Framework 2.0.
– Windows 8/8.1 and 10 should prompt you to install the proper .NET Framework when attempting to launch the app if you do not already have it installed.
– Note that .NET Core 2.0 and .NET Standard 2.0 are NOT the same thing as .NET Framework 2.0
There are two flavors of the web browser. The Installer version comes with an installer, and will set the program up on your computer after you run the file. The Portable version is a .zip file which you will need to extract manually to a folder of your choosing, and then run from there.
- Protoweb Browser Pre Rel 3 (installer) 311 KB
- Protoweb Browser Pre Rel 3 (portable version) 20 KB
- .NET Framework 2.0 22 MB
- Protoweb Browser Pre Rel 3 (installer) 311 KB (steptail.com)
- Protoweb Browser Pre Rel 3 (portable version) 20 KB (steptail.com)
- .NET Framework 2.0 22 MB (steptail.com)
Protoweb Browser can only be used to browse sites on ProtoWeb. It cannot be used as a general-purpose browser.